Recommended Program to Achieve Maximum Growth
& Return from Bull Calves
Calves sold at weaning:
- Leave bulls intact
- Use The New Callicrate Bander 3-4 weeks prior to sale date
Calves retained through a growing or feeding phase:
- Leave bulls intact until approximately 750 lbs or 115-120 prior to slaughter
- Use The New Callicrate Bander and implant at the time of banding
- Leave bulls intact to heavier weights before selection
- Stop giving away your genetics
- Band unsold/cut bulls and sell as steers
- Band old herd sires to prevent semen collection
Tetanus is a risk with any form of castration. Proper immunization controls tetanus risk. Tetanus toxoid (not antitoxin) must be used. It is important to read and follow vaccine instructions especially in nieve cattle in endemic tetanus areas. For more information contact your veterinarian.
We recommend watching the instruction video in its entirety. It is important to use safety precautions when using any equipment. Please wear safety glasses. Do NOT use a scalpel. Use the Callicrate cutter included with the bander kit.